Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Hi All,

I have a number of fun and fond memories of Michael. What I remember most about Michael was his very quick and dry sense of humor. We laughed a lot. We became friends the last 6 months or so of his working at APF. He moved his office to the production side of the office and that’s when we started to become friends. We discovered each other. I had been at APF 3 yrs already! One day we started to talk about cars. I had gone to Lime Rock, CT to an intro race car driving thing at Skip Barber and I think that’s what started us talking to each other.


We talked about a lot of things - about life, dating, politics, the US, Taiwan, architecture, cars (of course). Sometimes we talked for hours.

We also talked about his wanting to write a book about his life....what the chapters would be, what he would write in the acknowledgements, I would help proof read it....we had fun talking about it. Every time something happened, we’d say that would be another chapter. I really thought it would come to fruition and be a big success.

A fun thing we used to do (and I know he did this with other friends as well), was recite whole episodes of Seinfeld. It got to the point where I would email him a sentence, and he would email back the next sentence or even the next word. So, when Michael was in Taiwan and was still emailing, I randomly emailed him a line or phrase, and he would email back the next phrase. It was very amusing.

I miss him very much and glad that he is in a better place. Now I can talk to him whenever I want. I also inherited a little toy car that he had on his desk at APF as well as cuttings from a plant in his office. The cuttings must be very happy because they are growing like crazy. Two new stalks came up in the last two weeks.

Jane

No comments:

Post a Comment